This delicious soup has a light and fresh flavour, but its hearty texture make it ideal for a warming winter lunch. You can use a dollop of cream to finish the soup off or a little yogurt to counteract the sweetness of the parsnip.
- 3 large carrots
- 2 pints of vegetable stock
- 2 large parsnips
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- Chop the onion and sauté in olive oil for 5-10 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the carrots and parsnips (cubed) and the stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cook for 15 minutes and puree the mixture.
- Stir in the cream or yogurt and cumin if required.