This is a simple and delicious cake – there’s nothing much to do except measure in the ingredients, mix, bake and enjoy. We recommend it with a nice cuppa and a serving of ‘feet-up’ on the sofa.
- 300g grated carrots
- 340g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 1 orange
- 400g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Cream cheese
- Mix the sugar, eggs and vegetable oil into a large bowl and stir well.
- Zest the orange into the mix and then squeeze the juice in as well.
- Mix in the flour, bicarbonate soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and grated carrots.
- Put the mixture in a tray 9” by 10” and bake at 150ºC for 90 minutes.
- Finish with cream cheese and orange zest evenly spread on the top.